In the UK, OIX is hosting a Cross Scheme Interoperability Forum, that has brought together emerging digital identity schemes from the house buying, finance, employment vetting, property rental, education, payments and leisure sectors. The objectives of the forum are to:
- seek consistency across schemes to ensure ID interoperability
- drive for inclusion to be baked into the trust schemes
- drive for appropriate balanced consideration to be given to privacy and transparency
- educate and support adoption of the UK Trust Framework
- feedback to government on the different and common needs across the emerging schemes to help shape the UK Trust framework
- identify how sector-based regulation can be addressed to support ID interoperability
- help with business case definition for each scheme
- advocate for open competitive markets: IDPs, brokers
- identify common elements that could be developed in collaboration across schemes.
Particular focus areas are cross-scheme synergies around data schema standards, problem / complaint management, approaches to inclusion and fraud management.