OIX was asked by the collective Trust Schemes in the UK to assess whether any additional data standards are needed for Digital ID presentation in the UK over and above the standard already published as part of the UK Digital Identity and Attributes Trust framework (DIATF). The OIX Data Standards working group undertook this assessment and came up with recommendations in the following areas:
- There needs to be a way for the Scheme level policy that has been applied to be communicated to the relying party.
- Types of images need to be understood by the relying party.
- Addresses should be to a UK based standard.
- Jurisdiction and Nationality should use the same permitted values.
- The way activity is communicated should be made more granular.
- Permitted values for Issuers should be considered at the trust framework level.
Full details of the analysis and the recommendations can be found HERE