|General AreaGeneral area|
OIX responded on 12th October 2020 to the ‘Next steps for DCMS Digital Identity policy development’ questionnaire.
Key points made in the response can be summarised as:
- OIX advocates for a public-private approach to the definition of the UK Trust Framework for Digital Identity and the accompanying Competent Authority.
- As well as Identity Providers, The Trust Framework must recognise and accredit suppliers of components of trust, and relying parties undertaking their own ID verification.
- The Competent Authority should be a public-private partnership.
- OIX could be considered as start point from which to define the Competent Authority, which could also leverage the OIX brand and the OIX Directory.
- Inclusion is already being partly addressed by the OIX / TechUK Inclusion Steering Group.
- A fine balance between privacy and transparency must be struck
- Any fees for government data sources must be of a level that will allow relying parties to achieve cost efficiencies over and above using existing ID verification approaches.